Call to Order - George Lindsey, Vice Chair Invocation - Bill DeHart, Polk County fire Rescue Chaplain Pledge of Allegiance - George Lindsey, Vice Chair
2. Presentation of service awards to employees with 20 or more years of service to Polk County.
3. Todd Dantzler, Managing Director & Senior Advisor of SVN Saunders Ralston Dantzler Real Estate, to present the Government Finance Officers’ Association (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement Awards for Financial Reporting for the 2020 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the 2020 Popular Annual Financial Report to Stacy M. Butterfield, CPA, Clerk and Comptroller. He will present the GFOA Distinguished Budget Award for 2020 to Commissioner George Lindsey, Vice Chair, Board of County Commissioners.
4. Lance Schmidt of CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP, will present the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2021.
6. Approve Consent Agenda
8. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on June 7, 2022.
SUPERVISOR OF ELECTIONS 9. Approval of precinct changes resulting from newly created districts for US House of Representatives, Florida House of Representatives, and the Florida Senate, as recommended by Lori Edwards, Polk County Supervisor of Elections.
10. Approve the 2022-2023 Polk County Workforce Development Board’s Preliminary Budget. (No fiscal impact)
11. Approve the release of a surety in the form of Performance Bond No. 70NGP185139 in the amount of $869,379.73 for Chestnut Creek. (No fiscal impact)
12. Approve an Infrastructure Agreement with Southcrest Management LLC for construction of Intersection Improvements on the Ronald Reagan Parkway at Old Kissimmee Road Project. ($207,633.54 one-time expense)
13. Approve Amendment No. 7 to the Agreement with The Lunz Group, Inc., authorizing architectural and engineering services for the Moore Road Fire Rescue Station. ($189,900 one-time expense)
14. Approve Change Order No. 2 to Contract No. 2021-055 with Thalle Construction for the construction of Phase VIB landfill. ($10,965,535.98 one-time expense)
15. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
16. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
17. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
18. Commissioner Combee Comments.
County Attorney opening comments - Randy Mink, County Attorney
20. Public Hearing to consider adoption of an ordinance amending Ordinance 2021-21, the Economic Development Ad Valorem Tax Exemption for Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, LLC.
23. Public Hearing (LDPD-2022-4 Auburn Creek PD De Novo Hearing) to consider an appeal to the Planning Commission’s decision to deny LDPD-2022-4. (Request to be continued to August 2, 2022 at 9:30 a.m. or immediately following the Regular Agenda)
21. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution allowing for the installation of four traffic calming devices (speed humps) on Moss Road East, near Auburndale. ($20,000 estimated one-time expense)
22. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution allowing for the installation of four traffic calming devices (speed humps) on Pinewood Village Circle West, near Lakeland. ($20,000 estimated one-time expense)
24. Public Hearing (LDCDD-2022-4 Hartford Terrace CDD) to consider the adoption of an applicant-initiated ordinance to establish the boundary of a Community Development District (CDD) in the unincorporated area of Polk County.
25. Public Hearing (LDCDD-2022-5 Sandmine Road CDD expansion) to consider the adoption of an applicant-initiated ordinance to expand the boundary of a Community Development District (CDD) in the unincorporated area of Polk County.
26. Public Hearing (LDCDD-2022-6 Astonia CDD 2nd Expansion) to consider the adoption of an applicant-initiated ordinance to expand the boundary of a Community Development District (CDD) in the unincorporated area of Polk County.
27. Public Hearing (LDCPAL 2021-26 Residential in ECX) (Transmittal Hearing) to consider the adoption of a Large-Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment to modify the residential 15% Employment Center-X (ECX) cap in the North Ridge Selected Area Plan (SAP). This is related to LDCT-2022-23.
28. Public Hearing (LDCT-2021-23 Residential in ECX) (First Hearing - No Action) an applicant-initiated ordinance amending the Land Development Code to modify the 15% area of ECX limitation for multifamily.
29. Public Hearing to consider adoption of an ordinance amending Polk County Ordinance 2021-054, the Southwest Inwood Street Lighting MSBU Ordinance to correct a scrivener’s error