INVOCATION 1. Pastor Joe Lemmons, Lake Shipp Baptist Church, Winter Haven PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (MARTHA SANTIAGO, CHAIR)
2. Bill Markley to discuss waste and recycling service.
4. Approve Consent Agenda.
6. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on November 30, 2021.
7. Accept a one year warranty and surety in the amount of $60,888.40 in the form of Maintenance Bond No. 6135008472 for Enclave at Lake Myrtle. (No fiscal Impact)
8. Approve the release of a surety in the form of Performance Bond No. 70NGP185058 in the amount of $1,195,982.24 for Enclave at Lake Myrtle. (No fiscal impact)
9. Approve a Right-of-Way Agreement between Polk County and SDET Investments, LLC in conjunction with the Thompson Nursery Road Phase 1 – Segment 1 Improvement project. ($3,966,250 one-time expense)
10. Approve an Impact Fee Credit Agreement between GLK Real Estate, LLC and Polk County for the construction of FDC Grove Road between Park Place Boulevard and Massee Road.
11. Approve an agreement between Polk County and Association of Poinciana Villages, Inc. (APV) to complete mowing and ditch cleaning in the County's right-of-way ($144,000 estimated annual expense)
12. Approve Fourth Amendment to Residential Solid Waste and Recyclable Materials Collection Franchise Agreement with Advanced Disposal Services Solid Waste Southeast, Inc.
13. Confirm appointment of Parag Agrawal to serve as TPO Director.
14. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
15. Chairman Wilson Comments.
18. Commissioner Combee Comments.
19. Chair Santiago Comments.
16. Appoint Liz Antaya as a Member of the Citizens HealthCare Oversight Committee, representing Health Insurance Industry, for the four-year term, December 14, 2021 through December 13, 2025.
* County Attorney opening comments
20. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution to vacate a portion of a platted public utility easement as shown on the Plat of Hunter’s Crossing Phase Four.
21. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution to vacate portions of platted, unopened, and unmaintained right-of-way and alleyway as shown on the map of the Townsite of West Frostproof.
22. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution allowing for the installation of two traffic calming devices (speed humps) on Vaughn Road, near Winter Haven. ($10,000 estimated one-time expense)
23. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution allowing for the installation of five traffic calming devices (speed humps) on Wire Grass Road, near Lakeland. ($25,000 estimated one-time expense)
24. Public Hearing (REC21-00000-010WB Fort Meade Mine Two Year Operating Permit Renewal) to consider the renewal of the Fort Meade Mine Two Year Operating Permit from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2023.
25. Public Hearing (LDWA-2021-32 Scott / Slaughter Access Waiver) to consider an applicant-initiated request seeking a waiver to Section 705 of the Land Development Code.
26. Public Hearing (LDCD-2021-13 Andrews Sub-District Change) to consider a Sub-District Map change from Residential Low-1 (RL-1) to Residential Low-2 (RL-2) on +/- 1.83 acres.
27. Public Hearing (LDDRI-2021-1 River Ranch DRI Amendment) for a Resolution approving an applicant-initiated amendment to the River Ranch Development of Regional Impact (DRI) to change the golf course to a safari community that includes large grazing animals, such as deer, giraffes, and water buffalo in a DRI that is about 1,675 +/- acres.
28. Public Hearing (LDCPAL-2021-6 Mims 640 RV Park CPA) (Adoption Hearing) to consider a Large-Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment to change the Future Land Use (FLU) designation on 979.65 +/- acres from Phosphate Mining (PM) and Agricultural/ Residential-Rural (A/RR) to Leisure Recreation (LR) in the Rural Development Area (RDA).
29. Public Hearing (LDCPAS 2021-14 Gibsonia CPA) to consider the adoption of a Small-Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment to change the Future Land Use designation on 2.86 +/- acres from Residential Low (RL) in the Urban Growth Area (UGA) to Residential Medium (RM) in the Transit Supportive Development Area (TSDA).
30. Public Hearing (LDSPD-2021-2 Timberlane Subdivision De Novo Hearing) to consider an appeal to the Planning Commission’s decision to approve LDSPD-2021-2.
31. Public Hearing (LDCT-2021-15 Home Occupations and Commercial Vehicles) (First Public Hearing - No Action) a County initiated ordinance amending the Land Development Code to meet recent statutory changes with regard to regulating home-based businesses.
32. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a resolution providing notice of intent to use the uniform method for the levy, collection, and enforcement of non-ad valorem assessments.