Call to Order - Rick Wilson, Chairman Invocation - David Williamson, Central Florida freethought Community, Winter Garden Pledge of Allegiance - Rick Wilson, Chairman
10. Representative Fred Hawkins, District 42 - General Introduction
2. Jennifer Canady, M.A., Lakeland Christian School Center for Law and Public Policy, and Director of the Research, Innovation, STEM Learning, Entrepreneurship (RISE) Institute to present the Government Finance Officers’ Association (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement Awards for Financial Reporting for the 2019 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the 2019 Popular Annual Financial Report to Stacy M. Butterfield, CPA, Clerk and Comptroller. In addition, Ms. Canady will present the GFOA Distinguished Budget Award for 2019 to Rick Wilson, Chairman, Board of County Commissioners.
5. Approve Consent Agenda.
ELOISE COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY 6. Approve Eloise CRA Consent Agenda.
HARDEN/PARKWAY COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY 7. Approve Harden/Parkway CRA Consent Agenda.
9. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on September 21, 2021, and Budget Public Hearings held on September 13, 2021, and September 20, 2021.
11. The 2021-2022 Annual Meeting Schedule for the Highland Meadows Community Development District and Final Adopted Budget.
12. Adopt resolution creating the Treymont Street Lighting Assessment Area.
13. Approve the Polk County Workforce Development Board’s Final Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2021-2022; and authorize the Chairman to sign the budget on behalf of the County. (No fiscal impact)
14. Approve Utility Relocation Agreement with Duke Energy Florida, LLC (Duke) for the Lake Wilson Road Widening Project. ($375,481.53 one-time expense)
15. Approve Utility Relocation Agreement with Duke Energy Florida, LLC for the CR 547 (Davenport Boulevard) at Orchid Drive/Holly Hill Road Intersection Improvements Project. ($100,000 one-time expense)
16. Approve the Water Wheeling Infrastructure Master Cost-Sharing Agreement and the three (3) associated Cost-Sharing Project Sub-Agreements with the Water Cooperative of Central Florida relating to the Cypress Lake Wellfield Project. ($995,134 not-to-exceed, one-time expense)
18. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
19. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
20. Appoint Darla Bridges Short to serve as a member (Seat 6) of the Polk County Historical Commission for the remainder of the three-year term, October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2023.
21. Commissioner Combee Comments.
22. Chairman Wilson Comments.
23. Appoint Brett Garber as the plumbing representative to the Polk County Contractor Licensing Board, effective October 5, 2021 through December 31, 2023.
24. Reappoint Carl Edward Lock Jr, David Pearce, John W. Scott, Marvin Hammer, Ralph Price and William Witt to serve on the Polk County Contractor Licensing Board, for the three-year term, January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2023.
Opening comments - Randy Mink, County Attorney
25. Public Hearing (LDCPAL-2021-8 ImperiaLakes Golf Course)(Adoption Hearing) to consider a Large-Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment to change the Future Land Use designation on 188 +/- acres from Development of Regional Impact (DRI) to Residential Low (RL) in the Urban Growth Area (UGA).
26. Public Hearing (LDCPAS 2021-11 Wilder Road CPA) (Adoption Hearing) to consider the adoption of a Small-Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment (CPA) to change the Future Land Use designation on 12.03 +/- acres from Leisure/Recreation (L/R) in the Urban Growth Area (UGA) to Residential High (RH) in the Transit Supportive Development Area (TSDA).
27. Public Hearing (LDCT-2021-10 Land Use Hearing Officer Expansion) (Adoption Hearing) to consider a county-initiated ordinance amending the Land Development Code to expand the types of applications heard by the Land Use Hearing Office and to revise the appeal process.