Call to Order - Rick Wilson, Chairman Invocation - Joe Halman Pledge of Allegiance - Rick Wilson, Chairman
3. Approve Consent Agenda.
5. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on August 17, 2021.
6. Approve the release of a warranty and surety in the amount of $174,267.28 in the form of Maintenance Bond No. 70NGP184690 for Breakwater Cove. (No fiscal impact)
7. Accept Ernie Caldwell Boulevard Utility Improvements – Master Lift Station No. 2 (Polk County Utilities Lift Station No. 361). (No fiscal impact)
8. Accept and execute a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) funding agreement with the Florida Division of Emergency Management for 31 FRS/EMS Stations Auxiliary Power Generators. (Federal Share: $1,438,464.75, County Share: $479,488.25; Total Project Cost: $1,917,953)
9. Accept and execute a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) funding agreement with the Florida Division of Emergency Management for FRS/EMS Protective Measures, Wind Retrofit for 35 FRS/EMS Stations. (Federal Share: $1,249,682.25, County Share: $416,560.75; Total Project Cost: $1,666,243)
10. Accept and execute a Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) Division of Marketing and Development Bureau of State Farmers Market – Agriculture Education and Promotion Facility Request for Funding grant Contract for miscellaneous improvements to the Bartow State Livestock and Crops Pavilion (Agricultural Center Campus). ($495,241 total FDACS Grant Project Cost)
Opening Comments - Randy Mink, County Attorney
20. Public Hearing (LDCU-2021-16 Hookers Prairie and Noralyn Phosphoria Conceptual Mine Plan Amendment) to remove ±1,706 acres from the Noralyn Phosphoria Mine to combine it with the Hookers Prairie Mine Conceptual Mine Plan.
21. Public Hearing (LDAR 2021-39 Hookers Prairie Mine Operating Permit Renewal) to consider a request from Mosaic Fertilizer LLC, for a Two-Year Operating Permit Renewal from February 1, 2021 to January 31, 2023 for the Hookers Prairie Mine.
22. Public Hearing (LDCPAL-2020-21 Champions Station CPA) (Transmittal Hearing) to consider the adoption of a Large-Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment to change the Future Land Use designation on 14.26+/- acres from Town Center-X (TCX) to Neighborhood Activity Center-X (NACX) in the Transit Supportive Development Area (TSDA) in the Ridge Special Protection Area (SAP) of the Green Swamp Area of Critical State Concern (GSACSC).
23. Public Hearing (LDCD-2021-3 Bowling Green District Change) (Adoption hearing) to consider an applicant-initiated request to change the Land Use Sub-District designation on approximately 0.75 +/- acres from Rural Cluster Center - Residential (RCC-R) to Rural Cluster Center – Commercial (RCC).
24. Public Hearing (LDCD-2021-4 Waterfield Circle Sub-District Change) (Adoption Hearing) to consider a Sub-District Map change from Business Park Center-1X (BPC-1X) to Business Park Center-2X (BPC-2X) within the US 98 Selected Area Plan (SAP) on +/- 3.92 acres.
15. Letter to the Governor - "Right To Try"
11. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
12. Appoint Angel Sims as an Alternate Member of the Planning Commission, for the three-year term, September 19, 2021 through September 18, 2024.
13. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
16. Commissioner Combee Comments.
17. Reappoint Peter Verrill, MD as a member of the Citizens HealthCare Oversight Committee, representing Specialist Physicians, for the four year term, September 19, 2021 through September 18, 2025.
18. Appoint Commissioner Martha Santiago as County Champion for the Florida Association of Counties (FAC) Broadband Initiative
19. Chairman Wilson Comments.