INVOCATION 1. Pastor Eric Morales, House of Worship Christian Ministries, Lakeland
2. Video Recognition of employees with more than 20 years of service to Polk County.
3. Polk County Fire Rescue, Chief Rob Weech - System Response Update
4. Proclaim September 2021 as Opioid Awareness Month. Judge Susan L. Barber will accept the proclamation.
6. Approve Consent Agenda.
8. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on August 3, 2021.
9. Approve the release of a cash Performance Surety in the amount of $6,600 for Treymont Phase 1. (No fiscal impact)
10. Accept Treymont Phase 1 potable water, wastewater, and reclaimed water utility system improvements for ownership, operation, and maintenance by Polk County Utilities. (No fiscal impact)
11. Accept a one-year warranty and cash surety in the amount of $46,832.50 for Treymont Phase 1. (No fiscal impact)
12. Approve prepayment for purchase of five Pierce Fire tankers for a discount of $43,791. ($2,056,806 one-time expense)
13. Approve Right-of-Way Agreement between Rainbow Chase Corporation and Polk County for Parcels 102 and 700 in conjunction with the Lake Wilson Road Widening Improvement Project. ($1,787,975 one-time expense)
14. Approve a Right-of-Way Agreement between Polk County and Curtis T. Campbell and Peggie S. Campbell in conjunction with the Thompson Nursery Road improvement project along with a CIP amendment and budget transfer. ($995,000 one-time expense)
15. Approve Local Government Area of Opportunity Funding Goal agreement between Polk County and Housing Trust Group on behalf of the Housing Authority of the City of Lakeland. ($460,000 not-to-exceed, one-time loan)
16. Approve an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Auburndale pledging financial support and creating debt service obligations, paid for by a portion of the Tourist Development Tax, for City Bonds or other conventional financing that will fund Phase 3 improvements to the Lake Myrtle Sports Complex. (Estimated fiscal impact of $4,313,250 from the Tourist Development Tax fund over a period of 10 years)
17. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
18. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
19. Appoint Tracy M. Grey to serve as the Children's Interest member on the Citizens HealthCare Oversight Committee for the four-year term, October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2025.
20. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
22. Chairman Wilson Comments.
* County Attorney opening comments
23. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to vacate portions of platted, unopened and unmaintained rights-of-way, as shown on the Plat of Florida Development Company Tract.
24. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to vacate a portion of platted, unopened, unmaintained right-of-way for Charles Street, as shown on the Plat of Sun Ray Homes Plat Number Four.
25. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution allowing for the installation of six traffic calming devices (speed humps) on Lakeview Street, near Lakeland. ($30,000 estimated one-time expense)
26. Public Hearing (LDCT 2020-13 North US 27 SAP NACX District) (Adoption Hearing) to consider the adoption of an applicant-initiated Land Development Code Text Amendment.
27. Public Hearing (LDCT 2021-5 Flood Hazard Management and Floodplain Protection) (Adoption Hearing) to consider the adoption of a County-initiated ordinance amending the Land Development Code.
28. Public Hearing (LDCPAL-2021-15 Property Rights Element) (Transmittal Public Hearing) to consider a Large-Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment to add Division 2.500 Property Rights Element to Chapter 2 of the Polk County Comprehensive Plan.