INVOCATION 1. Captain Jeremy Mockabee, Salvation Army, Lakeland PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (RICK WILSON, CHAIRMAN)
2. Recognition of Auburndale City Manager Bobby Green, who will retire April 2, 2021 after 30 years of service in that role.
3. Video Recognition of employees with more than 20 years of service to Polk County.
5. Approve Consent Agenda
7. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on March 2, 2021.
8. Accept a cash Performance Surety for Treymont in the amount of $6,600.00. (No fiscal impact)
9. Accept Hunter’s Crossing Phase 3 potable water and wastewater utility system improvements for ownership, operation and maintenance by Polk County Utilities. (No fiscal impact)
10. Accept a one-year warranty and surety in the amount of $42,658.05 in the form of Irrevocable Letter of Credit No. 337905-1 for Hunter’s Crossing Phase 3. (No fiscal impact)
11. Approve Second Amendment to a Utility Infrastructure Agreement with Ernie Caldwell Properties, LLC.
12. Approve GMP Addendum No. 2 with Register Construction & Engineering, Inc. for building construction services for the new Northeast Polk County Government Center. ($20,609,755.00 one-time expense)
13. Approve Master Agreement for Utilities SCADA Construction Services with Curry Controls Company. ($2,500,000 estimated annual recurring expense)
14. Approve agreement with Premier Magnesia, LLC to provide magnesium hydroxide and equipment services. ($220,000 estimated annual expense)
15. Approve property insurance renewal with Arthur J. Gallagher, effective April 1, 2021 through March 31, 2022. ($1,934,999 annual expense)
16. Approve contract with Tri-County Human Services, Inc. to provide forensic intensive case management for high needs Helping HANDS program clients (Not to exceed $64,075 – Year 1, $128,150 – Year 2, $128,150 – Year 3). A three year total not to exceed $320,375.
17. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
18. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
19. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
20. Commissioner Combee Comments.
21. Chairman Wilson Comments.
22. Appoint John F. Adams, Jr. to the Workforce Development Board for the three-year term, April 1, 2021 through March 31, 2024.
* County Attorney opening comments
23. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to vacate platted, unopened and unmaintained rights-of-way, as shown on the Plat of Lake Caloosa Banana Corporation Plat No. 1.
24. Public Hearing (LDCDD-2021-1 Westside Haines City CDD) to consider the adoption of an applicant-initiated ordinance to adopt a Community Development District (CDD) located partially in both Haines City and the unincorporated areas of the County.
25. Public Hearing (LDPD-2020-40 Spirit Landings PD De Novo Hearing) to consider an appeal to the Planning Commission’s decision to approve LDPD-2020-40.
26. Public Hearing (LDCPAL 2021-1 FL-173 Text Amendment)(Transmittal Hearing) to consider a Large Scale Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment of an applicant-initiated ordinance amending the Institutional Future Land Use designation in the Ronald Reagan Selected Plan (SAP).
27. Public Hearing (LDCT-2020-10 Lighting Amendment)(Adoption Hearing) to consider the adoption of a County-initiated ordinance amending the Land Development Code.
28. Public Hearing to consider the adoption of an ordinance relating to Trespass Warnings for County Property.