Call to Order - Rick Wilson, Chairman Invocation - Pastor Jim Davis, Ewing Memorial S.D.A. Church, Lakeland Pledge of Allegiance - Rick Wilson, Chairman
2. Steve Nierman, President, and Dr. Nathan Falk, Director, Winter Haven Hospital, to provide an update on the Family Medicine Residency Program.
3. Video Recognition of employees with more than 20 years of service to Polk County.
5. Approve Consent Agenda
7. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on January 5, 2021.
8. Confirm the appointment of Christia Johnson to serve as Budget and Management Services Director.
9. Approve a State-Funded Grant Agreement and resolution with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). ($5,000,000 one-time future revenue)
10. Approve a construction contract with Cobb Site Development, Inc., CIP Amendment and budget transfer for the Bridgers Avenue Drainage Improvement project. ($2,831,184.60 one-time expense)
11. Approve a construction contract with CenState Contractors, Inc. for the Southwest Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility Mechanical Bar Screen Replacement project. ($735,420 one-time expense)
12. Approve a Consultant Services Authorization with Black and Veatch Corp. for the Southwest Regional Potable Water Dynamic Hydraulic Model Update/Verification project. ($113,966 not-to-exceed, one-time expense)
13. Approve Florida Defense Support Task Force Grant (DTF 21-101) through Florida Enterprise, INC. ($500,000 one-time revenue)
14. Approve a Cooperative Funding Agreement with the Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) to co-fund the Lake Annie Surface Water Restoration project. ($134,000 one-time revenue)
15. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
16. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
17. Appoint Robert Sheffield to the Polk County Lakes Access Advisory Committee for the three-year term, November 17, 2020 through November 16, 2023.
18. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
19. Commissioner Combee Comments.
20. Chairman Wilson Comments.
County Attorney opening comments - Michael Craig
21. Public Hearing to consider adoption of an ordinance granting an Economic Development Ad Valorem Tax Exemption to an expanding business, Agro-Iron, LLC, and approval of a Performance Agreement with the company.
22. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution to vacate a portion of a platted drainage easement, as shown on the Plat of The Woods Unit No. 5.
23. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to vacate portions of platted and unmaintained rights-of-way as shown on the Plat of Crosby’s Addition to Loughman.
24. Public Hearing (LDCT-2020-11 NACX Car Washes Amendment) (Adoption Hearing) to consider an applicant-initiated ordinance amending the Land Development Code.
25. Public Hearing (LDCT-2020-12 Food Truck Amendment) (Adoption Hearing) to consider the adoption of a County-initiated ordinance amending the Land Development Code.