INVOCATION 1. Michael Spivey, Lead Pastor, People's Church, Winter Haven PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (BILL BRASWELL, CHAIRMAN)
2. Video presentation of service awards for employees with 20 or more years of service to Polk County.
4. Approve Consent Agenda.
6. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on September 1, 2020.
7. Approve the release of a surety in the form of Performance Bond No. 70NGP184832 in the amount of $272,782.43 for Blossom Grove Estates. (No fiscal impact)
8. Approve agreement with Chastain-Skillman, Inc., for professional engineering services for the Northeast Regional Park (NERP) Baseball Complex expansion. ($528,928 one-time expense)
9. Approve a contract with Carlson Environmental Consultants, PC for the North Central Landfill Gas Collection System Interconnect Project. ($384,696.38 one-time expense)
10. Approve Public Entity Liability ($517,308.00) and Cyber Risk and Network Security Liability ($110,025.00) annual insurance policy renewals, effective October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021. ($627,333.00 annual combined expense)
11. Approve Prescription Benefit Management Services Agreement with Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna) for the employee group pharmacy benefit plan. ($11,044,000 estimated recurring expense)
12. SET HEARING (LDPD-2020-24 Walker Rd PD De Novo Hearing) to consider an appeal to the Planning Commission’s decision to approve LDPD-2020-24. (Suggested hearing date is October 20, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.)
13. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
14. Reappoint Paul W. Gerrard, Jr. as Member No. 3 of the Polk County Industrial Development Authority, for the three-year term, February 6, 2020 through February 5, 2023.
15. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
16. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
17. Reappoint Brent Elliott as Member No. 9 of the Industrial Development Authority for the three-year term, February 6, 2020 through February 5, 2023.
18. Commissioner Hall Comments.
19. Appoint Pauline Simmonds-Brown as a member (Minority Representative) of the Citizens' HealthCare Oversight Committee for the four-year term, September 15, 2020 through September 14, 2024.
20. Reappoint Harriet R. Rust as a member (Seat 7) of the Polk County Historical Commission, for the three-year term, October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2023.
21. Reappoint Gerald Robinson as Member No. 6 of the Polk County Industrial Development Authority for the three-year term, January 23, 2020 through January 22, 2023.
22. Chairman Braswell Comments.
23. Appoint Nick Miller as member of the Tourist Development Council to serve the remainder of the four year term ending April 30, 2023.
24. Reappoint John Loute as a member of the Tourist Development Council for the four-year term, July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2024.
25. Reappoint Jackie Johnson and Ron Myers as members of the Tourist Development Council for the four-year term, September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2024.
* County Attorney opening comments
26. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution to vacate a portion of a platted drainage easement, as shown on the Plat of Lake Deeson Pointe Addition.
27. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution to vacate platted, unmaintained right-of-way, as shown on the Plat of W.F. Hallam & Co’s Lakeland Highlands Club Acre Lots.
28. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to vacate a portion of a platted sanitary sewer easement and accept Polk County Utilities Easements from Reunion DHC, LLC and Luther Wayne Cave.
29. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a Resolution allowing for the installation of four traffic calming devices (speed humps) on Lake Cannon Drive West, near Winter Haven. ($16,000 estimated one-time expense)
30. Public Hearing (LDSPD-2020-2 Ross Creek SPD De Novo Hearing) to consider an appeal to the Planning Commission’s decision to deny LDSPD-2020-2.