Call to Order - Bill Braswell, Chairman Invocation - Dr. Chris Young, Senior Pastor, The Way at Inwood, Winter Haven Pledge of Allegiance - Bill Braswell, Chairman
3. Approve Consent Agenda.
5. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on August 18, 2020.
6. Dr. Angela Garcia Falconetti, Polk State College President, to provide an update on Polk State College's Return to Campus Plan.
7. Approve the Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR), Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) addendum with Wharton-Smith, Inc. for the Northeast Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility (NERWWTF) Clarifier Addition.($12,122,695 one-time expense)
8. Approve Amendment No. 1 to the Consulting Service Agreement with Dewberry Engineers, Inc. for the CR 557 (Buena Vista Drive) Widening project ($3,040,982.53 onetime expense); approve Joint Project Agreement (JPA) with the City of Lake Alfred. ($59,984 revenue)
9. Approve Transportation Infrastructure Improvement Agreement between RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc. and Polk County and budget transfer from reserves for improvements on Dunson Road. ($111,664.85 one-time expense)
10. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
11. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
12. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
13. Commissioner Hall Comments.
14. Chairman Braswell Comments.
Call to Order - Bill Braswell, Chairman County Attorney opening comments - Michael Craig
15. Public Hearing (LDCPAL 2020-5 CIE Annual Update) (Adoption Public Hearing) to consider the Capital Improvements Element and reference the adopted five-year schedule of Capital Improvements, to reflect the timing and funding of capital projects to meet or maintain adopted Level-Of-Service (LOS) standards for certain public facilities; reference the adopted Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Five-Year Study and the adopted Polk County School Board Five-Year Work Plan.
16. Public Hearing (LDCT-2020-5 Model Homes Amendment)(Adoption Public Hearing) to consider the adoption of a County-initiated ordinance amending the Land Development Code.
17. Public Hearing to consider adoption of an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 2018-073 entitled “The Polk County Government’s Retiree Insurance Benefits Ordinance.” (To be continued to November 3, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. or immediately following the Regular Agenda)