INVOCATION 1. Rev. Dr. James G. Moyer, Ed. D., Warner University, Lake Wales PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (BILL BRASWELL, CHAIRMAN)
2. Video presentation of service awards for employees with 20 or more years of service to Polk County.
3. Valerie Ramos, representing the Santa Cruz Homeowners Association, to discuss concerns relating to speeding and traffic calming.
5. Approve Consent Agenda.
7. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on August 4, 2020.
8. Approve Right-of-Way Agreement for Parcels 101, 801, and 802, in conjunction with Sunset Trail Stormwater Quality Improvement Project. ($253,000 one-time expense)
9. Annual Financial Audit Report for the Highland Meadows Community Development District.
10. Approve agreement with Burgess & Niple, Inc. for professional engineering services for the Wabash Ave multi-use trail design. ($329,922.63 one-time expense)
11. Approve Modification No. 1 to the Consultant Services Authorization with NV5, Inc. for the Chestnut Road Sidewalk Project. ($257,750 one-time expense)
12. Approve Lake Wilson Road Widening Project Amendment 3 with Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. ($133,068.07 one-time expense)
13. Approve a Consultant Services Authorization with Wright-Pierce, Inc. to provide professional engineering services for the Upgrade Lift Station No. 253 (Providence) project. ($191,455 not-to-exceed, one-time expense)
14. Approve a first amendment to the contract with We Care of Central Florida, Inc. for transportation services to health care. (total amount not to exceed $346,349)
15. Approve a second amendment to the contract with ElderPoint Ministries of Greater Lakeland, Inc. for transportation to health care related services. (total amount not to exceed $150,000)
16. Approve a first amendment to the contract with Tri-County Human Services, Inc. for men’s JASA “Jail Alternatives to Substance Abuse” Program. ($174,100 not-to-exceed annual expense)
17. Approve piggyback agreement with Applications Software Technology. ($9,271,412 five year expense)
18. Approve a Transportation Infrastructure Improvement Agreement between KRPC East Johnson, LLC and Polk County.
19. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
20. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
21. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
22. Reappoint Angela Buchanan to serve as a member of the Housing Finance Authority for the four-year term, March 1, 2020 through February 29, 2024.
23. Commissioner Hall Comments.
24. Appoint Franklin "Ed" Shoemaker, PhD, as a member of the Housing Finance Authority for the remainder of the term ending November 30, 2020.
25. Reappoint Jonathan Fleming as an Alternate Member of the Planning Commission, for the three-year term, July 2, 2020 through July 1, 2023.
26. Chairman Braswell Comments.
* County Attorney opening comments
27. Public Hearing (LDDA-2020-1 US 98 Clubhouse Road Development Agreement Modification) (Adoption Public Hearing) to consider a modification to an approved Development Agreement (LDDA-2019-3) between MLM Properties of Polk, LLC, Rogers Brothers, LLLP, Grand Reserve Nashville/Antioch, LLC, and Polk County.
28. Public Hearing (LDCT-2020-5 Model Homes Amendment) (First Public Hearing - No Action) to consider the adoption of a County-initiated ordinance amending the Land Development Code.
29. Public Hearing (LDCU-2020-12 Polk County North Central Landfill Vertical Expansion) to consider a request to vertically expand the 593.87-acre Polk County North Central Landfill up to 380 feet above adjacent grade.