INVOCATION 1. Rev. Terri Lynn Mattocks, Alliance of Divine Love, Lake Wales PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (BILL BRASWELL, CHAIRMAN)
2. Recognition of the Accomplishments of Ben Hill Griffin III.
3. Dave Carter, P.E. Chairman of the Stormwater Technical Advisory Committee, to provide an update on Committee activities.
5. Approve Consent Agenda.
7. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on July 21, 2020.
POLK COUNTY SUPERVISOR OF ELECTIONS 8. Approve transfer from Special Revenue Reserves to establish a budget for the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act (Public Law 116-136) Department of State, Division of Elections, MOA #2020-001. ($598,311 one-time revenue; $119,662 required local match)
9. Approve the Fourth Amendment to the Interlocal Agreement between the Water Cooperative of Central Florida and Reedy Creek Improvement District relating to the Cypress Lake Wellfield. ($786,000 not-to-exceed, one-time expense)
10. Approve construction contract with Douglas N. Higgins, Inc. for the Lake Parker Regional Drainage System Phase IV Project ($752,841.60 one-time expense)
11. Approve Modification No. 2 to the Consultant Services Authorization with Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. to provide professional engineering, design and permitting services for the Tillery Road/Clubhouse Road Drainage Improvements Project. ($158,950.27 one-time expense)
12. Appoint Robert Beltran as Member (Seat 1) of the Polk County Planning Commission for the three-year term, September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2023.
13. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
14. Reappoint Sean Harper as a Member (Seat 2) of the Planning Commission, for the three-year term, September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2023.
15. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
16. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
17. Commissioner Hall Comments.
18. Reappoint Becky Troutman as a Member (Seat 3) of the Planning Commission, for the three-year term, September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2023.
19. Chairman Braswell Comments.
* County Attorney opening comments
20. Public Hearing (LDCPAL 2020-1 Bella Citta ES 20 CPA) (Adoption Public Hearing) to consider a Large Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment to change the Future Land Use designation on 20.15 +/- acres from Town Center-X (TCX) and Residential Medium-X (RMX) to Residential Low-X (RL-X) in the Transit Supportive Development Area (TSDA) and in the North US 27 Selected Area Plan (SAP).
21. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to vacate a portion of a platted sanitary sewer easement and accept Polk County Utilities Easements from Reunion DHC, LLC and Luther Wayne Cave. (To be continued to September 15, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. or immediately following the Regular Agenda)
22. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to vacate portions of platted unmaintained right-of-way, as shown on the plat of J. A. Snively & Co’s Subdivision and a portion of deeded and unmaintained right-of-way.