Call to Order - Bill Braswell, Chairman Invocation - Rev. Melanie Wilkinson, Christ's Promise United Church of Christ, Lakeland Pledge of Allegiance - Bill Braswell, Chairman
2. Present the 14th Annual Excellence in Work-Life Balance Award.
3. Video presentation of service awards for employees with 20 or more years of service to Polk County.
4. Katie Yoxall, Executive Director, Keep Polk County Beautiful, Inc., to present the 2019-2020 Clean It Up to Green It Up Program and 2020-2021 proposed work plan.
5. Catherine Lecas to request increased restrictions on firearm discharge in residential areas.
7. Approve Consent Agenda.
9. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on July 7, 2020.
10. Approve Agreement for Traffic Control on Private Roads for Hunter’s Crossing Homeowners’ Association of Polk County, Inc. (No fiscal impact)
11. Approve the release of a warranty and surety in the amount of $62,838.54 in the form of cash surety for Highland Grace Phase 2. (No fiscal impact)
12. Proposed Fiscal Year 2020-2021 budgets for the Highland Meadows and Highland Meadows West Community Development Districts.
Motion to bring action to challenge political opponent's qualifications
13. Set Proposed Millage Rate for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
14. Set Proposed Millage Rate for the Library MSTU for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
15. Set Proposed Millage Rate for the Parks MSTU for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
16. Set Proposed Millage Rate for the Rancho Bonito MSTU for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
17. Set Proposed Millage Rate for the Stormwater MSTU for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
18. Approve the Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR), Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) addendum with Core Construction Services of Florida, LLC. for the Kathleen New Prototype Fire Rescue Station ($3,193,544.50 one-time expense)
19. Approve piggyback agreement with Cintas Corporation. ($188,000 estimated recurring expense)
20. Approve Infrastructure Improvement Agreement between Polk County and the Eloise Pointe Estates Homeowners Association (HOA), Inc. for drainage improvements adjacent to Eloise Loop Road. ($118,759 one-time expense)
21. Approve agreement with Kimley-Horn and Associates to provide professional engineering services for Wahneta street lighting design. ($115,631.59 one-time expense)
22. Approve Modification No. 1 to the Consultant Services Authorization with Hazen and Sawyer, PC, to provide project management support services for the Computerized Maintenance Management System software request for proposal solicitation, vendor evaluation, and selection. (Addition of $126,116 for a revised total, not-to-exceed cost of $321,616)
23. Commissioner Lindsey Comments.
24. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
25. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
26. Commissioner Hall Comments.
27. Chairman Braswell Comments.
County Attorney opening comments
28. Public Hearing to consider adoption of a resolution to vacate a portion of platted and maintained right-of-way/easement as shown on the plat of E.D. Greenfield’s Michigan Lakeside Park for a road currently known as Edison Road.
29. Public Hearing (LDCU-2020-7 Klarich Short-Term Rental CU De Novo Hearing) to consider an appeal of the Planning Commission’s decision to deny LDCU-2020-7.