Call to Order - George Lindsey, Chairman Invocation - John Watson, Pulpit Minister, Highlands Church of Christ, Lakeland Pledge of Allegiance - George Lindsey, Chairman
2. Recognize Jennifer L. Bush for her years of dedicated service to the Polk County Historical Commission (PCHC).
3. Recognize Fire Rescue's EMS Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS).
4. Proclaim October 2019 as Safe Sleep Awareness Month. Amanda Wilson will accept the proclamation representing the Florida Department of Children and Families.
5. Proclaim October 17, 2019 as Talbot House Ministries Day. Dr. Brenda Reddout will accept the proclamation representing Talbot House Ministries.
6. John Jarrett to express concerns related to Code Enforcement.
8. Approve Consent Agenda.
10. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on September 17, 2019, and Budget Public Hearings held on September 9, 2019, and September 16, 2019.
11. Approve Interlocal Agreement for Countywide Transit System with the Lakeland Area Mass Transit District.
12. Approve recommended changes to the functional classification of select Polk County roads. (No fiscal impact)
13. Approve agreement with Core Construction Services of Florida, LLC, to provide Pre-Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) services for three prototype fire rescue stations, located in Nalcrest, Frostproof, and Loughman. ($16,860.53 pre-construction service for each fire rescue station; $50,581.59 total one-time expense)
14. Approve Amendments to the Agreement with The Lunz Group, Inc., authorizing engineering services for 3 new fire stations. ($519,989 one-time expense)
15. Approve West Pipkin Road Professional Services Amendment No. 2 with Patel, Greene & Associates. ($379,064.39 estimated one-time expense) Approve Joint Project Agreement with the City of Lakeland. ($192,565 one-time revenue)
16. Approve an agreement with Business Information Technology Solutions.com, Inc., dba ABTSolutions to provide project management services for new software implementation. ($217,700 one-time expense)
17. Approve construction contract with SEMCO Construction, Inc. for the Lake Gwyn Park Grand Pavilion.($1,032,790.44 one-time expense)
18. Approve renewal agreement for core public health services with the Florida Department of Health in Polk County. ($380,000 not-to-exceed, one-time expense)
19. Approve the contract with We Care of Central Florida, Inc. for transportation services to health care. (total amount not to exceed $346,349: Year 1 - $114,317, Year 2 - $116,016, Year 3 - $116,016)
20. Approve the contract with ElderPoint Ministries of Greater Lakeland, Inc. for transportation services to health care. (total amount not to exceed $150,000)
21. Approve the contract with Volunteers in Service to the Elderly, Inc. for transportation services to health care. (total amount not to exceed $186,000 annually)
22. Approve Letter of Agreement from the State of Florida, Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) for Central Florida Health Care request for matching funds. ($571,602 not-to-exceed one-time expense)
23. Approve a modification to the Consultant Services Authorization with Jones Edmunds & Associates Inc. for the North Central Landfill Phase VI design revision. (126,732.56 onetime expense)
24. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
25. Reappoint Connie White as a Member (Seat 4) of the Polk County Historical Commission, for the three-year term, October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2022.
26. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
27. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
28. Commissioner Hall Comments.
29. Chairman Lindsey Comments.
George Lindsey, Chairman - The Board of County Commissioners will recess from 12:30 p.m. until 1:30 p.m. or soon thereafter.