INVOCATION 1. Pastor John Griffis, North Jackson Avenue Church of Christ, Bartow PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (GEORGE LINDSEY, CHAIRMAN)
3. Presentation of Service Awards to Kevin R. Uhlig, Richard C. "Clint" Williams, Geraldine C. "Geri" Irons, Todd J. Tanner, and Raf A. Vittone.
2. Proclaim Fort Meade District 8 Twelve and Under Baseball Day
6. Dave Carter, P.E., Chairman of the Stormwater Technical Advisory Committee, to provide an update on Committee activities.
4. Eric Poole, Executive Director, Florida Association of Counties Foundation, to present Polk County with a Best Practice Award for the Helping HANDS, a Thomas McMicken Legacy Program.
5. Marcia Andresen, Health & Human Services Director, and Joy Johnson, Relations Administrator, to convey the Achievement Award presented at the National Association of Counties Conference.
8. Proclaim the portion of Interstate 4 between Mile Markers 36 and 44 as “Trooper John C. Hagerty Memorial Highway”. Master Sergeant Mary Godino will accept the proclamation representing Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
7. Katie Yoxall, Executive Director, Keep Polk County Beautiful, Inc., to present the 2018-2019 Clean It Up to Green It Up Program and 2019-2020 proposed work plan.
10. Approve Consent Agenda.
12. Approve Minutes of Regular Board Meeting held on July 16, 2019.
13. Request Board adopt resolution expressing the intent to issue future debt to finance the acquisition and construction of certain capital projects; including Oracle and software upgrades, Fire Stations construction and improvements and equipping, NE Regional Park Improvements, Defibrillators and Tax Collector Building
14. Proposed Fiscal Year 2019-2020 budgets for the Highland Meadows, Lake Ashton, Poinciana, Lucerne Park, North Powerline Road and Westridge Community Development Districts.
15. Approve the release of a surety in the form of Performance Bond No. K09559012 in the amount of $445,954.45 for Breakwater Cove. (No fiscal impact)
16. Accept Breakwater Cove onsite and offsite potable water, wastewater and reclaimed water systems improvements for ownership, operation and maintenance by Polk County Utilities. (No fiscal impact)
17. Accept a two-year warranty and surety in the amount of $174,267.28 in the form of Maintenance Bond No. 70NGP184690 for Breakwater Cove. (No fiscal impact)
18. Accept Performance Surety Bond No. LPM 0505256 for Laurelwood Landing in the amount of $63,014.62. (No fiscal impact)
19. Approve construction contract with Stag Industries, LLC. for the Bone Valley ATV Park trail connections project. ($495,600 one-time expense)
20. Approve agreement with AECOM Technical Services, Inc. to provide professional engineering services for the Marigold and CR 580 (Cypress Parkway) widening project. ($1,335,165 one-time expense)
21. Approve addendum to the Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) agreement with Miller Construction Management, Inc. for the Roads and Drainage office annex. ($3,498,578.73 not-to-exceed, one-time expense)
22. Approve purchase of security software to protect the BoCC network against malware and ransomware threat. ($386,319 one-time expense)
23. Approve second Infrastructure Agreement between POLKTDS, LLC, Westridge Community Development and Polk County.
24. Approve Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Agreement. ($153,497 one-time revenue; $153,497 match requirement)
25. Commissioner Wilson Comments.
26. Commissioner Braswell Comments.
27. Commissioner Santiago Comments.
28. Commissioner Hall Comments.
29. Ratify the appointment of Commissioner Rick Wilson to the Southwest-Central Connector Task Force.
30. Chairman Lindsey Comments.
31. Appoint Linda King as School Board Representative to the Citizens Health Care Oversight Committee for the four-year term, August 1, 2019 through July 31, 2023.
***RECESS - The Board of County Commissioners will recess from 12:30 p.m. until 1:30 p.m. or soon thereafter.***